Audi Sport GmbH, formerly known as quattro GmbH, is a high-performance division of Audi, a division of the Volkswagen Group. Founded in October 1983 as quattro GmbH, it primarily specialises in producing high performance Audi cars and components, along with purchaser specified customisations. The companys former name was an homage to Audis original four-wheel drive rally-inspired road car - the Audi Quattro. In 2016, the company was renamed Audi Sport GmbH. It is located in a 3.500 square metres 37.670 sq ft site at Neckarsulm, near Stuttgart, in the German State of Baden-Wurttemberg. With ...
Audi S8 D2 was produced from 1996 to 2003. The car featured a 4.2 liter V8 with 340 PS 250 kW; 335 hp. The D2 S8 could accelerate from 0-60 mph 97 km/h in 6.2 seconds. It has a curb weight of 1.730 kg 3.814 lb. In 1999, the car was updated with a power increase to 369 PS 271 kW; 364 hp, which brought the 0-60 mph acceleration down to 5.6 seconds. Top speed was electronically limited to 155 mph 250 km/h. It has a curb weight of 1.845 kg 4.068 lb. An Audi S8 D2 was chosen as the car of the protagonists of the film Ronin.
The Audi S2 was a high-performance Audi two-door sports car, manufactured by the division of quattro GmbH on the same platform as the Audi 80 in Neckarsulm, Germany, produced from 1991 to 1995. The Audi S2 is the first car in the Audi S series. In 1994, a more powerful Audi RS 2 Avant was released.
The Audi S4 is the high performance variant of Audis compact executive car A4. The original Audi S4, built from 1991 until 1994, was a performance-oriented version of Audis 100 saloon/sedan. All subsequent S4s since 1997 have been based on the Audi A4; and as the A4 has evolved from one generation to the next, so has the S4. A more powerful internal combustion engine, larger upgraded brakes, firmer suspension, larger wheels, and distinctive sheetmetal, styling clues and badging have always been amongst the many upgrades the S4 receives over its mainstream 100 and A4 siblings. In markets wh ...
ⓘ Audi S and RS models
Audi S and RS models are a range of high performance versions of certain car models of the German automotive company AUDI AG. These cars primarily focus on enhanced "sport" performance. Production of Audi "S" cars began in 1990 with the S2 Coupe, whilst the first "RS" car appeared four years later with the Audi RS 2 Avant.
Todays S and RS models are based on the A/TT/Q models with the same number e.g S4/RS 4 is based on the A4 or the TT RS based on the TT, but the "Ur-S4" from 1991 - 1994 was based on the Audi 100/200 later named A6 and the first S2/RS2 generation from 1990 - 1995 was based on the Audi 80/90 platform later replaced by the A4.
The history of road versions of Audi racing cars begins in the 1980s. from models Audi Quattro and Audi Sport Quattro made by concern Audi AG in the city of Ingolstadt. In 1983, the company Quattro GmbH was founded since November 2016, "Audi Sport GmbH" in the city of Neckarsulm responsible for the development of sports models of cars of Audi brand. In 1990, appeared based on the model Audi 80 sports model S2 as a receiver Audi Quattro but already under the designation of the series "S" in the name and having a capacity of 220 hp. And in 1994 there was even more powerful model Audi RS2 Avant based on Audi 80 model of joint development of Audi and Porsche having 315 hp. The model was equipped with components from Porsche. As in 1973, Audi, together with Porsche, also developed a prototype based on the Audi 100 Coupe S, produced in 1968, which has 112 hp. the "Grand tourer" class. which received the name 100 Coupe S V3 and was equipped with a V8 engine with a power of 350 hp.
Since 1994, the development of the Audi S and RS sports series was started directly from the Quattro GmbH Audi Sport GmbH.
2. S models
Numerous S models, from most of Audis mainstream model ranges have been produced over the years. These cars are recognisable by their S badges, and unique emphasis lines on their front grills and on the back side, instead of the letter "A" in the designation of numbers and also in use in the notation S 3", "TT S and S Q5".
All Audi "S" models are equipped with Audis trademark quattro four-wheel drive system as standard. Unique internal combustion engines, along with larger, more powerful brakes, stiffer suspension systems, additional exterior body styling, and carbon fibre interior trims set them apart from their related "siblings" of their respective model range.
In the past, some Audi S models competed directly with BMW M and Mercedes-AMG models, such as the B6 Audi S4 4.2 FSI versus the BMW M3 and Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG. Since 2010 however, Audi S models have been positioned more as optional engine trims. For instance the base Audi A4 B8 engine is the 2.0 TFSI turbo four-cylinder, and with the discontinuation of the 3.2 FSI V6, that makes the Audi S4s 3.0 TFSI V6 the performance option the B8 Audi S4 3.0 TFSI positioned closer to the E90 BMW 335i than the BMW M3. The Audi A6 C7 no longer has a V8 engine upgrade in the non "S" range, with the discontinuation of the C6 Audi A6 4.2 FSI that was offered from 2004 – 2011, one must go to the C7 Audi S6 4.0 TFSI.
Audi "S" models should not be confused with the Audi "A, Q, TT" series, equipped with a package S line models, which feature leather trim, S-line badging, sports steering wheel and sports suspension, but they are not equipped with a high-power engine.
3. RS models
Audi Sport GmbH formerly quattro GmbH, AUDI AGs high performance private subsidiary, creates even higher performance versions, known by their RS badging. The "RS" initials are taken from the German: R enn S port - literally translated as "racing sport". The characteristics and cost of these cars are equated to cars belonging to the supercar class.
RS is Audis highest performance top-tier trim level, positioned distinctly above the "S" "Sport" specification level of Audis regular model range. All "RS" cars pioneer some of Audis latest and most advanced technology and engineering prowess, therefore, "RS" cars could be described as "halo vehicles". Audi RS cars are some of the most powerful vehicles ever offered by Audi as well as R8. Audi RS 6 5.0 TFSI quattro, for instance, is more powerful than the physically larger Audi S8 5.2 FSI quattro However, the 2012 - 2015 Audi S8 shares the same engine as the 2013 -. Audi RS 6 and Audi RS7, albeit in a lower state of tune, while for the 2016 - 2017 model years, the Audi S8 plus features an uprated engine with the same output as the smaller RS 6 and RS7.
Available for limited time and only in select markets, on a restricted model range, these RS" and S models are wholly designed, developed and produced in-house by Audi AGs high performance private subsidiary company, Audi Sport GmbH, at its Neckarsulm factory.
Unlike Audi "S" models whose interiors are well-furnished in order to retain the feel of sport luxury, the interior of Audi RS models are often spartan by comparison as the emphasis is more on track performance than luxury. The 2008 Audi RS 4 sold in Europe had lightweight racing-style front seats and roll-up windows for the rear doors, although its counterpart sold in the United States has luxurious power-adjustable front seats and power windows for all doors 2008 BMW M3 vs. 2007 Audi RS 4, 2008 M-B C63 AMG.
Audi "RS" models are considered direct competitors to similar sized hardcore sport models from BMW M and Mercedes-AMG, whereas the Audi "S" models as of 2010 have been positioned more as engine upgrades. Taking the 2012 model year for example, the Audi RS 5 competes directly with the BMW M3, M4 whereas the Audi S5 competes with the BMW 335i, while the Audi RS 6 competes with the BMW M5 and the Audi S6 competes with the BMW 550i. However the Audi RS C6 was never exported to the United States due to emissions regulations, leaving the Audi S6 C6 as the top performing trim to compete against the BMW M5 E60 in that market 2013 Audi S7.
There used to be only one RS model in production at a time, but recently Audi has revised its policies and decided to make more than one RS model at a time, claiming that "customers want them, then why not give it to them".
4. Model range
The following Audi "S" and "RS" high performance models are being, or have been produced, or are speculated to be in future production:
In chronological order of production end - oldest first
5. Audi S line
Audi produce a specification of optional sports trim packages to their mainstream models A/Q/TT, known as the S line. This is merely a trim specification which allows customers to effect a sporty appearance in their mainstream Audi model. Whilst the specific S line trim parts are designed and produced by Audi Sport GmbH at its Neckarsulm factory, these mainstream cars are still manufactured and assembled by AUDI AG at their relevant factories on the same production lines alongside their other standard models.
Cars with S line trim are not to be confused with the specific high performance offerings - the "S" models made by AUDI AG, and the RS models made by Audi Sport GmbH; Audi cars with S line trim bear identical performance figures to their counterparts with base or SE trim levels.
- regular model range line - up. Like all Audi RS models the RS 6 pioneers some of Audi s newest and most advanced engineering and technology, and so could
- The Audi RS 2 Avant, usually known as Audi 80 RS 2, was a limited edition, high - performance Audi five - door, five - seat estate car station wagon manufactured
- cabriolet, and Sportback a four - door hatchback with a fastback - like roofline version of the Audi A4 saloon and estate models Under Audi s internal
- The Audi RS 4 is the high - performance variant of the Audi A4 range produced by Audi Sport GmbH, for AUDI AG, a division of the Volkswagen Group. It slots
- 700 rpm, and torque of 450 N m 332 lbf ft at 1, 600 5, 300 rpm. Ever since the original Audi RS model the Audi RS 2 Avant all Audi RS models were assembled
- 928 s running gear and wider track. Audi 100 Audi S and RS models Ford Mustang Porsche 911 Audi A5 Audi A7 autopolis.wordpress.com 1970 1976 Audi 100
- Launches Black Edition Models in UK Autoblog. Retrieved 5 March 2013. Dynamics at Their Most Beautiful the Audi RS 7 Sportback Audi MediaServices Press
- August 1979 Audi S and RS models Jensen FF, the first all - wheel - drive road car, introduced in 1966 25 Years of Audi Quattro Press release Audi of America
- Audi Ur - S 4, and Audi Ur - S 6 were unofficial names for the original models of the Audi S 4 and S 6 automobiles. The Ur - S 4 was produced from 1991 to 1994, while
- by Audi as their quattro system. Second - and third - generation A6 models have shared their platform with the company s Allroad models Both petrol and diesel
- even - higher performance RS 6 which is also based on the A6 is not sold, the S 6 is the most powerful A6 trim there. The S 6, like all Audi S models is fitted as
- the Audi RS 3, Audi RS 4, Audi RS 5, Audi RS 6, Audi RS 7, Audi RS Q3, Audi TTRS and the Audi R8. They also design and specify roadwheels, and design and produce
- 349bhp Audi S4 Avant www.topgear.com. Retrieved 10 November 2017. Audi com - international corporate portal Audi UK - S and RS models Audi USA - S 4
- platform Audi Le Mans quattro Audi S and RS models Lamborghini Gallardo built on same platform More individuality quattro GmbH Audi AG. Archived
- Zwickau and Audi Dresden models that were launched in 1929. At the same time, 6 - cylinder and 4 - cylinder the four with a Peugeot engine models were manufactured
- stop - start use and coasting. Audi Sport GmbH Audi S and RS models Audi A8 Audi S 4 Audi RS 4 Audi RS 6 All information about the generation: Audi S 8 D2 www
- typical design for Audi S and RS models which consists of side skirts, bigger air inlets on front bumper and dual - quad tip exhaust. The S 5 includes a string
- MLB platform shared with many other Audi models and potentially one Porsche model within Volkswagen Group. The Audi A4 automobile layout consists of a
- 1973 to 1986 and was available as a sedan, and station wagon - the latter marketed by Audi as the Avant. The coupe and convertible models were not badged
- The Audi 5 Series DTM also known as the Audi A5 DTM 2012 later Audi RS 5 DTM 2013 - 2018 is a touring car constructed by the German car manufacturer
- sport a designation used for cars such as the Audi RS models and the Porsche 911 Carrera RS and GT3 RS Religious studies Report Short, a type of Congressional
- an aluminium chassis, all A8 models have used this construction method co - developed with Alcoa and marketed as the Audi Space Frame. A mechanically - upgraded
- Audi RS Q3 Revealed Motorward. Retrieved 2013 - 02 - 20. Audi MediaCenter Retrieved 14 July 2015. First RS model in the Q series: Audi RS Q3 Audi
- 4 Audi S 4 Audi A4 allroad quattro Audi A5 Audi S 5 Audi RS 5 Audi A6 Audi S 6 Audi RS 6 Audi A6 allroad quattro Audi A7 Audi RS 7 Audi S 7 Audi A8 Audi S 8 Audi
- Audi A1 internally designated Typ 8X is a supermini sized launched by Audi at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show. Sales of the initial three door A1 model started
- original Audi Quattro and the Audi quattro four wheel drive system. Based on the Audi RS 5, it features a modified 2.5L five - cylinder TFSI engine and the sixth
- The Audi Q8 is a mid - size luxury crossover SUV coupe made by Audi that was launched in 2018. It is the flagship of the Audi SUV line, and is being produced
- offering from Audi and went on sale in 2006. Later, Audi s second SUV, the Q5, was unveiled as a 2009 model Audi has since unveiled a third SUV model the Q3
- brought colours which had only previously been available on S and RS models or as an Audi Exclusive option to the standard colour chart. Diesel engines
- 2020 - 01 - 21. Audi 2000 Concept 1981 Audi Quartz Concept 1981 Audi B12 80 1984 Audi GT Cabriolet 1986 Audi Sport quattro RS 002 Group S 1986
Users also searched:
audi rs 4, audi rs8, audi sport gmbh, audi, models, sport, audi sport, and rs, model, rs models, models audi, s and rs, audi s, gmbh, rs model, audi rs, sports, audi sport rs, and rs models, germanys, price, audis, line, gmbhs, gmbh sports, rs audi sport, gmbhneckarsulm, s and rs models, s models, rs s, audi s and rs, sport gmbh,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →