The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo is a two-seater concept car developed by Audi Sport GmbH and was manufactured in Germany. In April 2018, the car was unveiled at the Audi Competence Center Motorsport at Neuburg an der Donau, Bavaria, Germany, four days after two teaser trailers were released on YouTube. The Vision Gran Turismo is the third car in the "e-tron" electric lineup, after the Audi e-tron SUV and the Audi e-tron Sportback. The car was fully constructed in a span of 11 months. The car was deemed the first official fully functioning concept car that can drive on the roads. This i ...
ⓘ Audi e-tron (2018)
The Audi e-tron is a fully-electric mid-size luxury crossover SUV produced by Audi, which was unveiled as a concept car at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. It is the companys first electric mass production car, and was first delivered in May 2019. It has an EPA range of 204 miles.
A Sportback variant is scheduled for production in early 2020.
The Audi e-tron is based on the e-tron quattro concept that was unveiled at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. The final production version was revealed in San Francisco on 17 September 2018, and it publicly debuted at the 2018 Paris Motor Show.
Scheduled for deliveries in Europe by December 2018, it got delayed to 2019 customers reported expected delivery dates close to the end of 2019 - see the paragraph below; the cars certification in Germany by the KBA Federal Motor Transport Authority was not obtained until required changes were made to the cars software. In January 2019, United States market deliveries were due to commence in June.
The first customer in Germany received his e-tron in March 2019, in late April 2019 it was reported that prospective customers faced waiting lists of 6–7 months putting the expected delivery date close to the end of 2019. The delays caused controversy in Norway, where customers were informed that their cars would be delivered up to 6 months later than originally promised unless they paid extra for a significantly more expensive "Fast Track" car. Further to this, some customers were also informed that were they to cancel their reservation they would be liable for a fine equal to 8% of the purchase price.
Both in Germany and in the United States, hundreds of e-trons were registered before the first publicized delivery to a customer in the respective area occurred, which suggests they performed the role of test vehicles of some sort. In June 2019 Audi of America claimed there are 1.644 e-trons in the United States and 540 of these are in the hands of customers.
During the first three quarters of 2019, there were 3.540 registrations of the e-tron in the United States, 3.824 in Norway, 2.997 in Germany, and 706 in the Netherlands.
In Norway, the e-tron was the best-selling car or truck of any kind in October 2019. In November 2019, it ranked #3.
In the Netherlands, the e-tron was the #2 most registered car of any kind in December 2019.
Audi paused production of the e-tron in February 2020 due to supply chain problems including issues with adequate supply of batteries for the e-tron. The pause was expected to last about one week.
The Audi e-tron is powered by a 95 kWh battery pack of which 83.6 kWh is usable. It is able to get an 80% charge in around 30 minutes when using 150 kW DC fast-chargers. For at-home charging, there is a standard 11 kW charger which charges it in 8.5 hours, while an optional 22 kW charger halves this time. A liquid cooling system also serving the motors and power electronics keeps the battery between 23-35 degrees Celsius, and battery modules twelve 60 Ah cells each can be replaced.
The quattro electric all-wheel drive uses two electric motors, one mounted to the front and one at the rear. An early specification rated these two motors at a total system output of 300 kW 408 PS; 402 hp and 664 N⋅m 490 lb⋅ft of torque enabling the car to accelerate from 0–100 km/h 0–62 mph in 5.7 seconds and on to a top speed of 200 km/h 120 mph. The actual production version has a combined peak motor power of 265 kW 360 PS; 355 hp, with 125 kW 170 PS; 168 hp from the front motor at a torque of 247 N⋅m 182 lb⋅ft and 140 kW 190 PS; 188 hp from the rear motor at a torque of 314 N⋅m 232 lb⋅ft. This allows the car to accelerate from 0–100 km/h 0-62 mph in 6.6 seconds and on to its top speed of 200 km/h 124 mph.
The car uses an energy recuperation system which, on average, contributes 30% to the range. Recuperation can be achieved both when the driver releases the accelerator and when applying pressure to the brake.
When the car is equipped with the virtual side mirrors the car has a drag coefficient of 0.27. The e-tron also sits slightly lower than a traditional SUV; at 1.616 mm 63.6 in high, it is 43 mm 1.7 in lower than the Audi Q5. It has 660 litres 23 cu ft of boot space, 160 l 5.7 cu ft more than the Mercedes-Benz EQC, along with 60 litres 2.1 cu ft of storage space in the front.
2.1. Specifications Cold-weather performance
In temperatures ranging from −6.5 to −4.5 °C 20.3 to 23.9 °F, with cabin heating on, the e-tron achieved a real-world range of 331 kilometres 206 mi, compared to 370 kilometres 230 mi in the summer, which means a 10.5% range drop. The tests were done at the speed of 90 kilometres per hour 56 mph.
The real range drop might by slightly higher because in the aforementioned tests the "winter" car had the advantage of more aerodynamic wheels than the "summer" car.
This stands well in comparison to other EVs; five other electric vehicles, including the 2017 Tesla Model S 75D, were tested at the temperature of −6.7 °C 20 °F with cabin heating on, and all of them had a range drop of at least 30%, and 41% on average compared to when the temperature was 23.9 °C 75.0 °F and cabin heating/air conditioning was off).
The e-tron is, in summer driving and without reaching European highway speeds, less efficient than the Tesla Model X in terms of distance covered per kWh of energy. However, as the e-tron is less affected by low temperatures, driving in the winter brings the results of these two vehicles closer. In a test done at temperatures in the 13 to 15 °C 55 to 59 °F range and including high-speed highway driving, the e-trons efficiency was about 12.4% worse than in the Model X. In slightly below-freezing conditions, the difference was even smaller and the e-trons efficiency was about 8.6% worse than in the Model X.
2.2. Specifications Charging
The e-tron can be charged at an effective rate of 150 kW using a 175 kW charger. This is possible in a wide state-of-charge window, until the battery is about 80% charged. With such a charger, adding 100 kilometres 62 mi of range takes only 10 minutes. Audi of America is more cautious with their estimates, saying that 87 kilometres 54 mi of range can be added in 10 minutes when using a 150 kW charger.
At 90%, charging rate is about 82 kW and it remains above 50 kW until reaching 100%.
Using a 50 kW charger, the car can be charged at a constant rate of 50 kW, up until reaching 100%.
Standard equipment for the e-tron includes 12-way heated and ventilated front seats, a panoramic moonroof, and 20-inch wheels. Upgrades include massage seats, power door closers, leather upholstery, 21-inch wheels and orange brake calipers. The interior is in line with other Audi models with a 10.1-inch infotainment screen, a smaller 8.6-inch touchscreen display, Amazon Alexa voice control, Virtual Cockpit system, and an optional head up display. Other equipments include a Bang & Olufsen sound system, and an available Driver Assistance package with enhanced adaptive cruise control, automatic parking assist and night vision. The e-tron is the first production car to offer optional virtual side mirrors, which replaces the traditional side-view mirrors and instead use cameras transmitting images to a high-contrast 7-inch OLED embedded in the door panels.
4. Sportback version
In addition to the conventional SUV body style, Audi will release a Sportback version with a sloping rear part of the roof, similar to the BMW X6 and the Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe. Audi decided to compete with these ICE-powered rivals by offering only a pure electric vehicle.
Comparisons to the styling of Audis own A7 have also been made.
The production version debuted at AutoMobility LA in Los Angeles in November 2019. The exterior dimensions are identical except for height, as its roofline is 5 cm 2 in lower than the standard model. This, and a drag coefficient lower that in the standard model 0.25 vs. 0.27 allow for longer highway range, as the powertrain and battery are the same as in the original model.
Cargo space measured by European standards is reduced from 660 l 23.3 cu ft to 615 l 21.7 cu ft. American sources, however, measure cargo space in a different way and indicate that the original e-tron has as much as 821 l 29.0 cu ft of cargo space, so the reduction to 615 l 21.7 cu ft is substantial.
It will be available in Europe in the spring of 2020.
The e-tron made an appearance in an Audi commercial tied to Avengers: Endgame, where it was introduced to Captain Marvel who was briefed about the events of Avengers: Infinity War and the things that had changed on Earth while she was gone, although it never made an appearance in the movie itself. Later, the e-Tron appeared in Spider-Man: Far From Home where it was used by characters played by Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders.
The name e-Tron is very similar to the French word etron meaning turd, causing some ridicule of the e-Tron in France and by Tesla-CEO Elon Musk.
6. Production issues and recall
Reports surfaced in April 2019 that the e-tron was subject to production delays and a cut in production targets due to supply of batteries and electric motors. Subsequently, weekly production hours at the assembly plant were foreseen to be reduced from 30 to 24. Audi announced a recall of certain e-tron models in early June 2019. The recall relates to a water leak that could lead to the high voltage electronics shorting, potentially causing a fire in extreme cases.
The Audi e-tron will be launched in Thailand by Meister Technik in 2019.
The vehicle went on sale in Canada in 2019. The price starts at CA$ 90.000.
The Audi e-tron will be launched in Mexico for the 2021 model year. It will be priced in MXN$1.919.900.
Deliveries to American customers started no later than in June 2019. There were 3.540 e-trons registered in the United States during the first three quarters of 2019, ahead of Germany 2.997 units, though still less than in Norway 3.824 units.
- Audi e - tron Quattro may refer to: Audi R18 e - tron Quattro, prototype - class racer, see Audi R18 Audi e - tron Quattro concept car, see Audi e - tron brand
- The Audi e - tron is a series of electric and hybrid concept cars shown by Audi from 2009 onwards. In 2012 Audi unveiled a plug - in hybrid version, the A3
- The Audi PB18 e - tron is a 2 - door hatchback electric supercar concept developed by a division of the German automaker Audi AG, Audi Sport GmbH and introduced
- E - Tron 2.0 TFSI in Shanghai autoblog.com. Retrieved 3 April 2018 Great class, minimal emissions the new Audi Q7 e - tron 2.0 TFSI quattro audi - mediaservices
- The Audi e - tron Vision Gran Turismo is a two - seater concept car developed by Audi Sport GmbH and was manufactured in Germany. In April 2018 the car was
- total of 49 Audi A3 e - trons were sold in the U.S. in 2015. 2012 Audi S3 Carfolio.com. 17 July 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2018 2013 Audi S3 Hatchback
- November 2013. Audi A1 e - tron www. audi com. Audi AG. Archived from the original on 31 July 2010. Retrieved 5 January 2011. Audi A1 e - tron detail it s
- The Audi R8 is a mid - engine, 2 - seater sports car, which uses Audi s trademark quattro permanent all - wheel drive system. It was introduced by the German
- include the Audi A1 Sportback Concept, Audi A4 TDI Concept E and the fully electric Audi e - tron Concept Supercar. In December 2018 Audi announced to
- October 2010. Audi Communication 20 December 2014 Audi MediaServices - The Audi e - tron Antony Ingram 2012 - 07 - 02 Audi R8 e - tron Sets New Production
- Sportback Audi Q5 Audi SQ5 Audi A4 Audi A4 Avant Audi RS4 Avant Audi A8 Audi S8 Audi A7 Audi S7 Audi RS7 Audi A6 Audi A6 Avant Audi S6 Audi S6 Avant Audi RS6
- 2015. Audi R18 e - tron quattro Stars in New Audi RS 6 TV Commercial Perfect Fit Fourtitude.com. Retrieved 14 July 2015. Audi R18 e - tron quattro
- Audi Aicon Audi e - tron family motorauthority.com Audi joins Italdesign and Airbus on Pop.Up autonomous flying car project audi - mediacenter.com Audi
- Audi S8 Audi Q2 Audi Q3 Audi Q5 Audi Q7 Audi Q8 Audi R8 Audi TT Audi V8 Audi e - tron The following are models sorted by year of introduction. Audi 60 1969 1972
- went on sale in Europe in early 2019. The production version of the Audi R8 e - tron was introduced at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show The limited production
- 2014. Retrieved 3 May 2014. Audi ur - quattro and R8 e - tron win the Silvretta Classic and E - Auto Rally Press release Audi - mediaservices.com. 13 July
- 2018 Vietnam - Introduced to the Vietnamese market in October 2018 Thailand - Introduced to the Thai market in February 2019 Audi A7 sportback h - tron
- self - evidently, an Audi A1 In the event, the plant produced about 120, 000 A1s in 2011 The plant was re - equipped from 2016 to produce Audi e - tron from 2018 Coachbuild
- 10. Formula E adds series title sponsor for 2017 - 18 season Autoweek. 9 January 2018 Retrieved 12 January 2018 Audi unveils e - tron FE04 27 September
- 汽車日報 2010日內瓦車展報導 A8 Hybrid A1 e - tron 概念現身 AUDI 展示環保決心 Retrieved 14 July 2015. Audi A8 L Prototype gets state - of - the - art broadband connection Audi co.uk. 21 March
- The Audi A5 is a series of compact executive coupe cars produced by the German automobile manufacturer Audi since March 2007. The A5 range additionally
- Racing Audis won the top 3 positions with two R18 E - Tron Quattros finishing 1st and 2nd and one Audi R18 Ultra taking 3rd. After Le Mans, Audi won 2 further
- procurement to competitor manufacturers. Audi Q4 e - tron production version expected late 2020 Audi Q4 e - tron concept SEAT el - Born production version
- shows dedicated to automobiles, motorcycles and new mobility. Audi A1 Audi E - tron EV Audi SQ2 BMW 3 Series G20 BMW X5 G05 BMW Z4 G29 DS 3 Crossback
- team under the Audi Sport banner in the FIA Formula E Championship for drivers Lucas di Grassi and Daniel Abt. At the 2014 Beijing e Prix, di Grassi became
- Drivers Champion after securing his first title at the New York City e Prix, while Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler returned as defending Teams Champions having
- of Audi concept cars. Audi 80 Prototype B1 1969 Audi 100 LS Cabriolet 1969 Audi Asso di Picche 1973 ThrowbackThursday: 1974 Audi Coupe
- Beijing Autoblog. Retrieved 14 July 2015. Audi A6L e - tron RS Q3 北京車展全球首演 U - CAR車壇新聞. Retrieved 14 July 2015. Audi Q3 Red Track heads to Worthersee Tour
- Santiago e Prix, scoring his first ABB FIA Formula E Championship win since Rome the previous season. While Bird was forced to nurse his Audi e - tron FE05 home
- partnership with Virgin, the team got rebranded to Envision Virgin Racing. The Audi e - tron FE05 powertrain proved to be very competitive, giving Virgin a chance
Users also searched:
2018 audi a3 e - tron, 2019 audi a3 e - tron, 2019 audi e - tron, audi a3 e tron discontinued, audi e tron lease, audi e tron price, audi e tron suv, audi e-tron vision gran turismo, tron, vision, audi, gran, turismo, gran turismo, tron vision, vision gran turismo, tron vision gran, e tron, audi e, audi e tron, electric, audis, tron gt, price, lexus, gt price, grand, electric audi, peugeot, lexus lf lc, announcement, audis electric, electric e, vision e, granturismo, audi e tron gt price, audi e tron announcement,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →